Features of Loewen Windows
Loewen Engineering Results in Uncommon Strength and Durability, Enabling Dramatic Design, Innovation and Inspiration
- Coastal Douglas Fir for strength and rigidity (optional Mahogany and FSC® Coastal Douglas Fir available).
- Laminated sash for enhanced structural stability and a tight weather seal.
- Dual seal on glass units for long hermetic seal life.
- Natural clear wood interior ideal for staining or painting.
- Profiled sash edge for a finished look and integration with Simulated Divided Lite (SDL) bars.
- Optional extruded aluminum cladding for low maintenance, available in a wide range of colors.
- Minimal use of exposed exterior caulking on glass surfaces.
- No metal-to-glass contact for improved energy efficiency.
- Triple seal glazing system on metal clad units to effectively block moisture infiltration.
- Hidden venting channel to allow built-up condensation to escape, increasing seal and sash life.
- Authentic stile and rail construction. No miters.
- Mortise and tenon sash corner joints for structural stability.
- Taller bottom rail to create a custom architectural look reminiscent of traditional joinery and to enhance structural stability and strength.
- Airspace between wood and window cladding for air circulation and added insulative value.
- Secondary weatherstrip to deflect wind-driven rain from primary seal.
The window corner section illustrated is a Douglas Fir Awning/Casement unit. Doors and other window models may have construction and performance differences.